Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Work at Mongolia International University and Time with Friends

Kathy and I finished our first week at work. Kathy and I met a lot of teachers and students this week. No way we can remember all the names, but all is going well. There are so many super people at the university. It was a week of introductions in so many ways. There is much to learn about the Mongolian culture, about how MIU operates, and about learning my new position as Director of the Foundation Course at MIU.

Kathy and I take the bus to and from work. It only costs 25 cents each for the ride, and it is fairly fast. The way traffic is here, the bus is often faster than any other way. We live on the same main road, called Peace Avenue, as the university. So it is easy to catch the bus. And after work today we walked 25 minutes into the center of the city and had a meal with our friend Anji. So things are easily accessible for us. I have posted photos here of our way to work each day so you can get a feel for how things are here. There are also photos of the university and of some of the teachers and staff I work with.

After photos of our daily travels and of the university, I have posted others of some of our dear friends.
























One evening Kathy and I went with our friends Tsoom and Julia to visit a home where a little 4 year old has Wilm's Tumor, a type of cancer of the kidneys and liver. Of course visits like this involve much sadness, but our hope in all we do here in Mongolia is to be of encouragement to people, and even see some intervention by the Lord in their lives.







This evening Kathy and I met our friend Anji at the center of the city called Sukhbaatar Square. We had a really nice time having something to eat at Big Burger. Good meal... :) I love the Mongolian food, but it is nice to take a break and try some almost authentic American food. Anji likes it too :)



1 comment: