Monday, October 3, 2011

Update: 6 months in Mongolia and all's well... :)

As I was posting photos and thinking about a title for this week's blog, I realized Kathy and I have been here in Mongolia 6 months now. Wow!! But I titled this... "All's well :)" That is right. No matter the difficulties or problems... no matter the many questions about the unknown future ... all is well.. :) We trust the Lord in all that is taking place, and Kathy and I feel fulfilled here, especially in light of the friends we have made, the bit of good we have done, the people we have helped, the places we have seen... all is well!

There are many we must thank for helping us along the way. One of the things about arriving here and living here is that there are so many people willing to help out, show us the way, give us tips about how to live here. And of course we are thankful to the Lord Jesus for allowing us to come to Mongolia and be a part of exciting things. Certainly not every day is exciting, but we see good things happening. Our Bible study has been a blessing to many, my work at LEI is going well as a bunch of improvements are happening there, Kathy's involvement at MIS is also good, not to mention the many day-to-day things that are a blessing to us and to many :)

Enjoy the photos of the first snow this fall, the improvements to our LEI office, our Bible study, a few photos of Ulaanbaatar, and friends we have spent time with.


Kathy and I on the morning of the first snow of this fall!



The banner we had made and hung up in the recently painted LEI office. Drop by to visit our teachers and me!


More friends are coming to our Saturday night Bible study. Wonderful!


Kimberly, Haliuna, Munguu, Hulan, Sainaa, Nasim and Emily over for a meal :)

Sainaa, Emily, Amy, Nasim and Nergui

You can see the eagerness in their eyes to have some of Kathy's pizza!


Amy, Munguu, Emily, Sainaa, Hulan, Nergui and me



Kathy and I visited our friend Margadaa's home :)

Kathy and Margadaa

A view of the nicer buildings along the main road in Ulaanbaatar.



Our friend Uyanga at a high school gym...


Kathy and I had lunch at an Indian restaurant with Amy and Nasim!

Our friends Kimberly from Canada and Amy from Korea


Amy and Kathy

Amy and me outside Papa Cafe next to our apartment


Our friend Anu and Kathy


Anu and me

No comments:

Post a Comment