Friday, January 20, 2012

My Last Week in America!

My time in America has come to a close. Tomorrow I fly to Vietnam to visit friends. I will meet Noel Horton from MIU and we plan to travel to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh in Cambodia.

My week has been busy but really good. Our daughter Kim is doing part of her physical therapy internship in San Diego where her fiance Lenny is based in the Navy. Kathy and I drove down to San Diego to visit them for a couple of days. It was really nice. Lenny gave us a top notch tour of the base. We were also able to spend some time in downtown San Diego. It is a really nice city.

Also this week we visit friends and church family. We spent an evening with Cam Tu Vu and her family. I met Cam Tu in a civil engineering company some years ago. Great time with them :) We also went to Las Brisas in Laguna Beach with our dear friend Noel. Excellent food there, and a beautiful place to simply walk around along the coast.

We also have so enjoyed being with our friends in Resurrection Life Church. We were involved with the church for 25 years before leaving for Mongolia in March, 2011. So it was so good to return and spend time with them. 

So enjoy the photos, and I am headed for Vietnam!

We were allowed to sit in the Navy helicopter

Kim, Lenny and me





Kathy got a kick out of sitting in the copter :)



A scene in San Diego

San Diego

Along the wharf in downtown San Diego


Me with the Midway aircraft carrier behind me

another photo of me with the Midway behind me

The Vu family that Kathy and I have been friends with for many years :)


Noel took us to Las Brisas in Laguna Beach for breakfast. Great!

Kathy and I at Laguna Beach

Kathy tried on a cowboy hat at the airport

Some of the friends in the church we used to be part of :)



Allykat!

Russell my friend :)

Rob and Dave

Nelleke and her mom Dana :)

Kim, Kathy, Angela and me at a restaurant in San Diego

San Diego!

Me on the beach at Corona del Mar in San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment