Monday, June 30, 2014

Visit to Kyrgyzstan 2014

Time in Kyrgyzstan!! Kathy and I were invited to go there with Dr. Kwon, the president of Mongolia International University where we work. I was very unfamiliar with the country... and it took me a few days to even pronounce the name right! And I had never heard of the capital... Bishkek! The purpose of the trip was to see about opening an MIU branch there or an LEI branch (Language Education Institute where I am the director). It was good to go, good to meet government officials, important university people, and new friends. I hope we can go back again. These photos will give you a taste of the city and country.

Mountains mixed with clouds in the eastern part of Kyrgyzstan.

... the view from where we were staying. The mountains are spectacular.

Our "team" :) Jeewon from MIU, Zara our interpreter, Dr. Kwon, Kathy and me in the city square.



Me with the traditional Kyrgyz hat.

Breakfast in our flat. Dr. Kwon is a great cook :)


... Dr. Kwon and the Dean of a university signing an MOU.
















... a lunch meeting with the Kyrgyz minister of education, 3rd from right.

... with the president of a large university.








No comments:

Post a Comment