Thursday, May 12, 2011

Country and City Life

This week has been good. Monday, Ricardo and I went out to Terelj National Park, an interesting large area east of Ulaanbaatar, to find a suitable camp for the LEI teaching staff. This weekend the teaching staff will go there for an overnight time together. I will post photos of that next week. The atmosphere in the LEI office continues to be so good. The semester is coming to a close in the next few weeks, and some of the teachers will need to make some difficult decisions about the coming year, whether they will teach for another year of move on to other things. Anyway, you can see a few photos here of Terelj National Park.

MIU made a presentation of the TESOL program we offer to help teachers in UB improve their English. James, Puje, Chimgee and I gave a presentation at a local high school. You can see some of the kids who discovered our presence there... :)

You can also see a few views of city life. Sometimes the view from our apartment is amazing. Sometimes taking photos is all about timing and lighting. I love the affects that light makes on what we see. I often see that if I carry my camera around, great photo opportunities come to me. There are amazing photos waiting to happen, if we only keep our eyes open!

Remember you can click on a photo to see a larger file size and then right click to save it.











James speaking to the Mongolian English teachers


Chimgee, me and Puje before the presentation

This guy and a bunch of others in a class came out to say hi










No comments:

Post a Comment