Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Graduation Time

The school year finished for me on June 2 when our LEI graduation was held. There was also the MIS graduation where Kathy had been teaching and the MIU graduation. It’s always a great time, time with friends and family, time to be happy that studying is done for a while, time to reflect on where we have been, where we are, and where we are going. It is a time for memories to be created. 

It seems any endeavor we make is full of challenges, disappointments, the gaining of experience and the sense of accomplishment. That can be said for my time at LEI during this past school year. For me, not only do I want to begin great things, but I want to finish them despite the obstacles, difficulties, and the hundreds of reasons why I should stop. 

I have always loved reading stories and watching movies, as many of you do. But I don’t only want to watch the challenges and accomplishments that other people have faced and done… I want to live those things myself. I don’t want to be a spectator in life, but one who is involved in it. By God’s grace let’s live life to the full under His guidance and command! 

But first, a few photos of a new ad placed on the side of one of the MIU buildings... with Americans Noel, Sara and me front and center. I didn't know about it until a friend said, "Hey, Richard, did you see the giant poster of you up at MIU?" !!



Most of the LEI students who graduated on June 2

The LEI teachers and me














We had some of the LEI students over at our home for a movie night

Unplanned clothing coordination... :)

Ricardo, who helped Kathy and I so much when we arrived in Mongolia.

The winners in the LEI summer class American football game I taught them :)

1st and goal at the 1 yard line....

Two students LEI gave scholarships to.

An interview by channel TM regarding the student scholarships



The MIS high school graduation where Kathy is much involved






The MIU graduation... I only took a few photos ...

Kathy and our friend Jinju at the graduation lunch

Tselmeg our friend :)

A few of the fine cooking staff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment