Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time with Russian students at Terelj :)

Friday was the last day of the summer course at Language Education Institute in MIU. Along with many other students who took the summer course, 16 students from Russia came to study. On the final day the teachers and I took the Russian students to Terelj National Park. Great time, despite the rain.

I love the fact that LEI has students from all over Asia. Our department is looking to expand to have branches in Russia and a few other places. The Russian students have gone back to Ulaan Ude, their home town in Russia, not far from the northern border of Mongolia. Most of them look very Mongolian to me. They were excited to be learning English at LEI.

I had a great time, despite being tired from the trip Kathy and I took to China. The fall semester will be starting soon at MIU. I look forward to it! We are in the process of hiring a few more English teachers. I trust it will be a good year for all of us.

Me with the LEI teachers, Ricardo the LEI director, and the Russian students who finished the summer English session


Some of us in a cave in Terelj








The teachers and me












This Mongolian girl lives in Terelj with her family. She is an expert horseback rider already!!





No comments:

Post a Comment