Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Basketball at LEI

Once again LEI held a basketball competition on Saturday for anyone in LEI (Language Education Institute) at MIU. Great time! There were 6 guy's teams and 4 girl's teams. As you know by now, Mongolians love basketball. A few of the students put the competition together, particularly one student named Bolderdene. Our team included Daniel, a Korean, three Mongolians named Tuvshuu, Bolderdene, Saintsog and one American, namely me :) I was the only older guy. Wouldn't you know it! Our team won.

 Classes continue as usual. Days are busy. Four more weeks and the semester is over. Amazing. So we all keep on, helping the students to learn English. So many other things going on, too. I will leave the reporting of all that until the next blog :) Have fun looking at the photos :) 

Bolderdene, Saintsog, Daniel, Tuvshuu and me :)

The girls' champions :)... Yun Jung, Hae In, Baaska, Davka, Bayanaa and Migaa



Tuvshuu and Anka

the champs :)

Bayanaa, Baaska, Natasha and Hae In



Undraa and Soko

Enkhee in the 3 point shootout

Uka winning the tie-breaker to win the 3 point shootout

Our team gets ready







The champs :)

The girls receiving their "gold" medals


... the gold medal...  :)

Anka wins the most valuable medal

our dear friend Uka with her medal


a few weeks ago in a Russian school gym



2 comments:

  1. Congratulation dear. Thank you for your service in Mongolia. I think you played like youths, 20s. I hope one-day I will see you playing Basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Oku :) Thanks for the comment. Do you like to play basketball? Let's play sometime. Well.. I am getting old, but I do ok.. kkk. I love to play bball! See you :)

    ReplyDelete