Friday, March 1, 2013

Back in Mongolia!!

Back in Mongolia! Our trip to the US and Canada was great. Seeing friends and family was the best :) 

Since coming to Mongolia almost two years ago, it has become more and more evident to me that it is so right for Kathy and me to be here. And my heart is here. So I am very happy to be back, despite the usual difficult things in Mongolia like the cold and so on. But isn't it great when your heart is in the place you are living in?! 

So here are some recent photos of Ulaanbaatar, a photo of the teachers and me at our teachers' lunch to kickoff the beginning of the spring semester, and photos of my visit to friends during Tsagaan Sar, the most important Mongolian national holiday of the year. 









My "daughter" Margadaa with her niece atTsagaan Sar




Natasha, Chaagii, Chimgee, me, Nina, Magi, Maagii and Nandia, some of our super teachers at LEI









Jinny, my dear friend at MIU



Nergui, Munguu, me, Kathy and Tom at Hazara, an Indian restaurant in UB






2 comments:

  1. You look like you have truly found the place to be. I look forward to seeing LEI when I am in Mongolia this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom :) Yes.... we have found our place :) See you in the summer!

      Delete