Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busy Days with People in UB

Much going on here in Kathy and my life in Mongolia :) I visited a special little presentation at a place called Monkor, a center for underprivileged children in an area not too far from MIU. MIU has been involved with it for some time now. Wie, Hye Mee and Kimberly are involved there. A lot is being accomplished during the flurry of activity and programs going on.

Last week Jonathan Addleton, U.S. Ambassador to Mongolia, visited MIU to meet with staff and students. It was an interesting time for us. He is a great guy, down-to-earth, caring, and interested in people. You can see more at this link:  http://mongolia.usembassy.gov/ambassador_bio.html

I have also posted some random shots of friends at MIU, the graduation of a friend named Oyumaa, one of the LEI students who worked so hard for her master's degree at a city university, and some of our little friends who visited our home recently.

Kimberly in front of an old Russian building, now the Monkor facility

My friend Wie and I at the Monkor facility



Hye Mee and Kimberly leading their little group in a song / dance

There is a Tae Kwon Do class for young boys and girls




Wie and I with some of the workers and students



Wie and Hye Mee studying the Bible at our home

Jonathan Addleton with his assistant Peggy and Dr. Kwon of MIU

Jonathan Addleton and me

Jonathan Addleton with the Afghan students at MIU

Won, the Tae Kwon Do coach, with awards won by his boys in the Mongolia national competition

My friend and former LEI student Xiaoxu

My "daughter" Amy at the book cafe :)

Heemi & Heekyung, excellent hostesses at the book cafe :)

Seung Yeon Min and Amy at book cafe

My friend Oyumaa at her graduation!



Sainaa, JP and Hulan at Kathy and my home


JP!!! (Javzanpagma) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment