Saturday, February 11, 2012

Last days in Hanoi and on to Mongolia!

After spending time in Saigon, Noel and I flew back to Hanoi, and then Noel headed back home to Mongolia. I spent an extra few days in Hanoi. I am so glad I did!

There was a bit of sunshine in Hanoi one day, but gray and a little bit of rain the other days. But no problem, the main thing was not to sight-see, but to see friends. It was great to spend time in the city and in the countryside.

So I have posted a bunch of photos. Yesterday - Friday - I headed home to Mongolia, with a transfer in Beijing. What a great time in Vietnam!! ... and now ....

Home again in beautiful Ulaanbaatar, with its -30C temperatures, smokey air, noise of the buses at the bus stop below our apartment... :) But I am here with friends and much to do, and ready to start the spring semester teaching English Speaking at LEI! I hope to be ready by Monday :)

Good bye my new friend Vietnam. Hello to my home in Mongolia!




A worker at Bich's farm

A ill cow being helped by this contraption!

My "daughter" Bich and her uncle on the farm...



Bich with her mother in front of their home/store

Bich's aunt in her aunt's kitchen

Relatives came to visit

My "Niece" Blondie :) ("Blondie" was born with blond hair)

Rinne my "daughter"

Binh, a new friend of mine :)

A girl being photographed at a university


Friends at a restaurant in Hanoi: Binh, Hoa, PJ, her husband, Hanh and her husband, me, Hoa and Jenny

The cooks and helpers in the kitchen :)




Rinne and Jenny ready to leave. Almost everyone has a motorbike in Hanoi

Me with my friend Julian

Me with "Zoom" :)

Niece Blondie, Julian, me, Zoom and Bich

Me and Bich at the mall with Blondie

Blondie and I at the arcade we all went to ... fun place but so much noise!

Be and Link at the Museum of Literature in Hanoi

Link and me


Of course you have to try the coffee in many places in Vietnam :)

An accident in the intersection. We saw two in an hour... not surprising!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures. Beautiful, fascinating, and each tells a story. All of your friends have the coolest names!!! Looks like the trip was wonderful. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete